Monday, June 14, 2010

Even when the sky is falling…

Today has been an emotional day.  Chuck and I visited with our friends at their church.  Both their daughters accepted Christ this week at VBS and today was the first time I’d gotten to see them and talk to them about it.  I loved hearing those precious girls tell me that they had “Jesus in their hearts” now!  A lady at the church stood up to sing a special.  She chose “That’s what Faith can do”. I heard the first note of the song and I lost it.  Listen to the words.  It’s the song we chose for Faith’s video and the song Children’s Miracle Network chose for Faith’s video also.  It was just too much for me this morning after the week we’ve had and they day we have ahead of us tomorrow.

 

 

This morning Faith drank quite a bit, but mid day it seemed to have slowed some.  I started to think…hmm, maybe it was a fluke thing, maybe I imagined it… then I thought..eh, how do you imagine your 16 month old chugging 100 oz of water in a day and having diapers so wet that you have to change YOUR OWN clothes? I did start to think, though that maybe it had passed, but tonight she’s back to soaking everything and has added profuse sweating to the mix.  I had to run to Robert’s house to wash a load of clothes because our washer has decided to stop working…ugh…and when I got back Chuck and I checked Faith.  It’d only been 2 hours since we’d changed her diaper and she was soaked…her clothes, sheets, everything.  I started to just feel really anxious and Grace witnessed us having to change all her bedding and everything and picked up on my worry.  She asked if we could pray together and JC heard us and came in to join us.  So sweet, he just walked in and put his arms around us while we prayed for peace.  I love my kids.  They are precious.

Later I grabbed my Bible and plopped up on my bed to read a bit and try to calm my nerves.  I’m not one to play Bible roulette, and I had every intention of opening to a certain passage and begin reading, but when I looked down at my Bible it was open to Philippians and this was highlighted on the page.  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is nearDo not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts  and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:4-7  

I think that’ll do…

 

I’m gonna go read this to Grace and go to bed.  Love yall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...