Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dear Faith,

Well, Sugar Britches, we made it through the first year.

There were times I wondered whether or not we would.  November 17, 2009 changed our lives forever.  You have been put through the ringer over the past 12 months, but you've handled it like such a trooper.  Your daddy and I couldn't be prouder of you!  When I got the news that you had Type 1 Diabetes I was devastated.  I could never have imagined how God would use your life story.  It is amazing and humbling. I hope you will grow up to realize and embrace how strong He can and wants to be in your weakness, and how much of a purpose and a plan he has for you.  Lean on Him, baby girl, He won't fail you.  I have really learned that this past year.  I pray every day for a cure, but also that, in the meantime, your struggle will point others to Christ.  I pray that your health will be good throughout your life.  I hope you know that I try to take the best care of you that I possibly can.  I do everything in my power to set you up for a healthy life and to reduce your risk of complications as much as possible.  I pray that, when you're old enough to take over your care (like in 25ish years, ok?), you will go easy on me - that's going to be an interesting transition for both of us!  I pray that you will not allow this disease to rob you of a full life.  I pray that you will take ownership of your health, manage your diabetes the best you can, and LIVE. 

I pray that you know, really know, how very much your dad, brothers, sister, and I love you...but most of all, I pray that you will grow to understand how much God loves you. 

I would take this disease on for you in a heartbeat, if I could...but I can't.  So I will always be here for you...every step of the way.  I won't stop praying and I won't take a break until you can.

I love you, Sweet Faify Bidness.

-Mom
This was taken the first time you stood up again after your diagnosis.  It was 3 days later.


You were so sick. :(  For a while, the hospital was our home away from home.









Dear JC, Grace, & Eli,

I know this past year has been hard on the three of you as well.  I know it hasn't been easy to watch your baby sister be so sick, so often.  I know it gets scary sometimes.  You are all so quick to pray for Faith when it gets rough and that has been such a good example for me.  Your childlike faith reminds me to run to our heavenly Father when I'm afraid.  Thank you for that.  I know it can't be easy to watch your baby sister get so much more attention.  I know it is hard to understand all that has gone on.  The way you have handled yourselves this past year makes your daddy and I SO very proud of you.  You have been understanding and compassionate.  Faith could not possibly ask for better siblings to walk with down this road.  I pray every day that each of you will know how very much I love you.  I pray that you will somehow understand WHY your sister needs more attention sometimes and that you'll never feel slighted or jealous.  You are all so very precious to me.  I love you more than I can ever express to you.  I pray that each of you will see that God loves you even more than that!!  (all the way to Jesus and back ;)  I pray that you will continue to grow closer to Jesus and love and serve Him all your lives. 

You make me SO very proud to be your momma.

I love you, Handsome Man, Sister Bidness, and Eebs...very, very much.

-Mom



   

7 comments:

  1. dear mom

    I know it,has been hard the past year I hope that you can find a cure for faith
    I love ,you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet what an awesome Family.. Hold tight to your faith God has big Plans..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, these letters sound soooo much like ones I have written over the years.....we are connected at our very hearts! I love you! Susie Payne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    Let me start off by saying how proud of you I am. You have grown up to be the WONDER MOM that you are. i read your blogs and think WOW! how can i be more like you. God has worked mircles thru you and your family. I pray that he continues to work in your lives and in the lives of others. I love you and pray that you continue to share Faith's Story to anyone and everyone that will listen. God Bless You and Our Little Faith!!

    I love you,
    Aunt Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful letters. I like how you included the siblings in the letter writing. Diabetes affects the WHOLE family. You addressed that beautifully.

    Take care and I hope Faith's diaversary was a day of hope, joy, and love.

    Reyna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 4 and am now a mom myself with a wonderful family and busy job. As a fellow believer I know that "God works all things together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose." It's true of diabetes and any other challenges your kids will have in their lives. Thank you for sharing your family's story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one brings tears! I remember the first time Dani stood up in the "cage" after diagnosis. (Her blood sugar 1,195) We were told not to be surprised if she would need to learn to walk again. Even the nurses were excited to see her stand up! The letters to your children were tear jerkers. We need to remember that the whole family has been affected. My 2 older children have been wonderful. They were just old enough to understand how serious things were. They have been a great help and never once been jealous of the time that is needed with their sister. My youngest son just figures that's how her and our life is. Diabetes life does get easier as they get older. Reading this blog helps us to understand that we are not alone!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...